It’s quite difficult to find a place to stay in Heidelberg because many students are looking for a flat at the same time. But if you start your search as early as possible there is no need to worry. These websites should be helpful:
- Check out WG-gesucht, Studenten-WG, Kalaydo or ImmobilienScout24 to look for flat shares (“WG”) or small apartments for just one person. You might have to ask someone to translate.
- During the semester holidays (February, March, July, August) many students post their old flats or rooms on Facebook.
- Apply at the international office if you want to stay in a dorm of the Studierendenwerk (small, but cheap).
GET IN TOUCH WITH LOCALS
- Check if your subject is covered in the university’s Buddy Programme and don’t hesitate to sign up.
- As not all subjects are covered in this programme, we’ve set up a Buddy Programme in cooperation with the university of Heidelberg to give everyone else the chance to get in touch with locals. Find more information here and sign up until 15th April.