Join our events! So check our Event Calendar!
- 30th April: “Dancing into May” at the Thingstätte is one of the biggest “inofficial” parties in Heidelberg everyone knows.
- Schlossbeleuchtung: huge firework around the castle
- Heidelberger Frühling: Music-festival in spring
- Heidelberger Herbst: Music-festival in autumn
- The Gloria cinemas are two small cinemas in Heidelberg: one in the city centre and the other one in Neuenheim. They don’t only show a few of the latest blockbusters, but also present an interesting collection of older films. The Karlstorkino offers a similar selection.
- There are several theatres in Heidelberg. Click on the link and find a description of all of them. The “Romanischer Keller” is particularily interesting for students as many student theatre groups show their performances there.
- Read the Ruprecht – our award winning student newspaper – to find out interesting news you won’t get in other newspapers.
CLUBS AND BARS
- “Die Untere” is a long street in the city centre of Heidelberg filled with small pubs and bars. If you want to get to know them all and take advantage of some nice discounts, join us on our pubcrawls 🙂
- Nice Clubs in Heidelberg are:
Halle02, KlubK, Mel’s
- Also go to Mannheim to enjoy its great night life:
Suite, Koy, Hafen49, Das Zimmer, Soho
and the Schneckenhof (students party every Thursday during the semester)
- These Erasmus Facebook groups are what you are looking for:
Incoming Erasmus Heidelberg
- Use the DB App or go to their website to find out which train goes where at what time. The VRN-App/Website is particularly focused on regional trains.
- The Erasmus Students Network “ESN” has organised many cool events for you. Check our mutual event planner and go to their website for more information.
- With your student ID you can use public transport within Heidelberg (trams and buses) for free:
During the week (mon – fri) after 7pm, all weekend (sat – sun) and on public holidays.
N.B.! The trams and buses stop running shortly past midnight. They are replaced by moonliners, which don’t run as regularly. Download the map to see where they go.
- You can buy a semester ticket for 155€ at the main train station if you bring your student ID with you. With this ticket you’ll be able to take every regional train in the VRN-district. This is only useful if you’ll make trips through the region regularly!
- Try to get yourself a bike! It’s the cheapest and quickest way to get around.
Cheap places to get one are:
Ruprecht Rides Hans-Bunte-Straße 6, Eppelheim
Rad Point Untere Neckarstraße 64
Fahrradhof bike im Bahnhof Heidelberg main station track 1b
- At VRN Nextbike, you can also lend bikes.
- If your bike is broken, go to the URRmEL. This service, supported by the University of Heidelberg, will provide you with all the information you’ll need to repair your bike by yourself.